Monday 29 June 2015

The power of personification!

Even though 10 children are away, personification came out to play!!!

Today we learned that personification is when we give objects or animals human qualities. It is an exciting and fun language feature that we can use to give our writing more imagery. Check out some of our first attempts at using personification below!


The art hopped out of the wall and blasted us with colour- Damien

Noisily, the printer kissed the paper– Rowan

The door creaked and shoved me back as I tried to open it- Jas

The pegs grip on to the art, holding for dear, dear life as the last one pops- Connor

Angrily, the ball sprints away through the air- George

The leaf blower roared, shattering the classrooms glass- Cory

Lonely, the beautiful whiteboard, dressed up with amazing designs- Kevin

Powerfully, the magic printer fired out endless supply of basic fact sheets -Zac F

Lonely, the broken curtain scrapped the mouldy windows- Summer

The noisy leaf blower throws leaves off the now spotless footpath- Jordan

Slowly, the leaf blower racketed around the school grounds as it swallowed leaves- Kassia

Angrily, the curtain flew across the window, blocking the suns sight- Mikki

The magical sweets kissed me goodbye as they flew down my throat- Joe


Strongly, the yellow digger yanked out the trees in its way- Rebecca

4 comments:

  1. I love our writing and I also like our choice of personification

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great use of personification, Room 7. I enjoyed reading your work! Mrs Corkill

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked the pizza that mrs pickering brought in, it was delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay cool personification Cory I really liked yours keep it up! I miss you all so much guys never forget you like the first time I met you you guys are so cool I'm just saying hi to the gang Toby kassia Logan shika and all them in all once again I miss you all so much I wish I could be there with you guys I hope you guys don't feel sad or anything no hard feelings guys don't gie up the good work and and don't worry I learnt my ÷ ;) finally
    I will never forget about yous you almost made me cry when I seen the photo of xavier and kassia and all them with the pizzas :'( it's not easy moving schools I hope it's not quiet in class time without me give a shout out to the school that I miss them all
    once again I miss you so much

    ReplyDelete